Element 14 have been very kind again sending me a STM32F4 board to try out. I being a Microchip PIC guy have always been thinking of ARM to be an overkill for what I do, until now. This is what was sent to me :
The first Impression of the board is, it is very well designed, has loads of extra features like:
- Integrated ST-Link V2 Debugger
- On board Accelerometer: LIS302DL, ST MEMS motion sensor
- On board DAC : CS43L22, audio DAC with integrated class D speaker driver
- On board Mems Audio Sensor: MP45DT02, ST MEMS audio sensor, omni directional digital microphone
- 8 SMD Led’s
- 2 User buttons
- Extension header for all LQFP100 I/Os
It is done!
I also encountered a problem where the IDE showed two ST Link debuggers installed, only one works, the settings for the second one did not show anything.
All in all this is a very good package, being USB powered is easy to use. Loads of extra features make it a very nice deal. I wish I had this board to hand when I was trying to drive the Cell phone TFT Lcd’s. This will now be used in some of my upcoming projects for sure.
The Keil MDK can be downloaded from here